Travel Eastern Cape – your Trip Personal Assistant’s Recommendations
Now that we are allowed intra-provincial travel you may be looking to travel but not sure where to go? Last week we posted our Gauteng recommendations and this week if you live in Eastern Cape we have a few recommendations for you 🙂 Our recommendations suite either a weekend away for 2 or a week of relaxation, for any budget or requirement – either relaxation, adventure or some much needed family time in the outdoors. All our recommendations are prepared for your visit so book your trip with us today.
Camp Figtree 4*
Camp Figtree, based in the malaria-free Eastern Cape of South Africa, is located approximately an hour’s drive from Port Elizabeth and only 15kms from the main gate of the famous Addo Elephant National Park. The exclusive mountain safari lodge prides itself on an excellent reputation for cuisine, hospitality and luxurious accommodation. Accommodation ranges from the Family Suite to Superior Suites and then onto the more exclusive and private Luxury Suites and Luxury Tents. Guests enjoy a truly authentic South African experience when staying here. This sanctuary is set up in the heart of nature, providing peace, tranquillity, comfort and, most of all, luxury.
- Wi-Fi in lodge
- From R2284pp sharing per night and R3470pp single
- Children under the age of 13 years are not permitted to stay in the Luxury Tents
Barefoot Addo Elephant Lodge 4*
The Barefoot Addo Elephant Lodge accommodations are perfectly designed to blend discreetly into their surrounding valley bushveld environment. The private and exclusive suites, some nestled in the Yellowwood forest and others set on the hillside offering extraordinary views, are housed on elevated wooden decks. Constructed of part canvas, part recycled Brazilian pine and luxuriously decorated to evoke Hemingway’s Africa of yesteryear, we invite you to relax in our remarkably spacious, sophisticated suites in the heart of the Addo Region.
- Full board (3 meals, tea & coffees)
- Book two nights, stay one free
- Wi-Fi in the lodge
- from R1990pp per night and Child rate is 50% of the adult price for children aged between 3-12 years. Children under 3 – no charge.
- Children from 13 years and older will be charged the full adult rate whether sharing with parents or staying in a separate unit.
Jbay Zebra Lodge 4*
Jbay Zebra Lodge is a true luxury accommodation offering just outside Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape.Check in to a modern room with a garden or sea views with a spacious balcony, satellite TV, and a private bathroom with amenities. Enjoy the romantic & tranquil surroundings of the Eastern Cape, where you can appreciate magnificent panoramas & nature at its best. Alluring scenic diversity is one of the Eastern Cape’s most arresting characteristics; allow yourself to enjoy everything that Zebra Lodge has to offer.
Enjoy cocktails by the outdoor swimming pool.
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- Single from R2100pp per night | Double from R1350pp per night
- Children up to and including 3 years old stay for free when using an existing bed per night
- Children from 4 years old to 12 years old stay for ZAR 750 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- Children from 13 years old to 17 years old stay for ZAR 1,200 per person per night when using an existing bed.
- Children up to and including 12 years old stay for ZAR 750 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
- People 13 years old and over stay for ZAR 1,200 per person per night when using an available extra bed.
Dungbeetle River Lodge 4*
Dungbeetle River Lodge is an owner run/managed guest house offering bed and breakfast accommodation near Addo Elephant National Park. Our 4 Star grading and “Certificates of Excellence” on TripAdvisor and several accolades from other international rating agents assure you of a quality and comfortable stay. All the bedrooms are en-suite and equiped with air-conditioning, wall heaters, fans, honesty bars, safes etc., and are tastefully decorated in a unique African safari theme with upmarket modern bathrooms. The lodge has double glazing on the windows.
- from R850pp single and from R660pp sharing
- 0 – 11 years pay 100% of the sliding scale rate, 12 – 18 years pay 100% of the sliding scale rate
The Fernery Lodge & Chalets 4*
The Fernery Lodge and Chalets offers guests breath taking views, beautifully appointed and superbly furnished luxury rooms, tastefully and individually decorated. Every effort has been made to ensure our guests comfort, from crisp percale linen and large luxurious bathrooms to underfloor heating and satellite television. Other features include heated towel rails, tea and coffee making facilities, a bar fridge stocked on request, digital safes, hair-dryers and cosy bath robes. Open fire places in the lounge and dining room, a jacuzzi, sauna and swimming pool, are but some of the features that make the Lodge a really special destination. Choose from an array of suites and forest chalets. There is something for everyone, from the honeymoon couple to a family occupying a luxurious apartment chalet. The Lodge & Chalet accommodation has been tastefully decorated and fitted with all amenities to ensure your comfort and privacy.
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- from R2025pp single per night and from R1350pp sharing per night
- Children 0 – 5 years stay for free and pay for meals when sharing with parents. 6-12 years old 50% of adult rate and 13years & over full rate
Zuurberg Mountain Village 4*
Zuurberg Mountain Village is a 150 year old haven of historical delight situated high up on the Zuurberg Pass in malaria-free Addo. We are an exclusive mountain top Hotel, set in 160 hectares of indigenous vegetation with breath-taking views of the famous Addo Elephant National Park. A mere one hour’s drive from Port Elizabeth we offer our guests nature, wildlife and tranquillity in the most majestic African setting.
- Wi-Fi in public areas
- From R1250pp single per night and from R960pp sharing per night
- Child 3-11 from R360 sharing with parents, child 12 – 20 from R470 sharing with parents
Thinking about taking a trip – get your personal assistant to take care of all the admin for you and book with My Trip PA today email firstname.lastname@example.org