Now that we are allowed intra-provincial travel you may be looking to travel but not sure where to go. We have a few recommendations that suit either a weekend away for 2, a solo get-away, a week of relaxation to get some much-needed R&R or a fun, family adventure. We have decided to post our recommendations by region/ province and starting off we have the Kingdom of the Zulu’s: Kwa-Zulu Natal. All our recommendations have followed the COVID regulation requirements and are ready for your visit 😉
1. Nambiti Plains Lodge
Nestled in the beautiful landscape of the Nambiti Game Reserve between Ladysmith & Dundee the Nambiti Plains Lodge is a 5* haven. Every suite is designed individually and are centred around nature, blending in perfectly with their surroundings. The spaces are open and uncluttered, and you can get the incredible views of the bushveld from most of the rooms.
- From R4350pp sharing per night and R6525pp single per night
- Per child 8 – 12 years of age R2800 per night
- Luxury Suite
- 2 x Game Drives per person a day with professional guide
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and/or High Tea, Dinner)
- Welcome drinks
- Arrival Gift
- Snack and refreshments on Safari
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, breakfast juices and water available all day
- Boma and bush dinners (Weather permitting)
- Wifi throughout main lodge and suites
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
2. Springbok Lodge
A 3* alternative in Nambiti Game Reserve with superb accommodation options that includes 21 elevated, luxurious, safari style air-conditioned en suite tents with an open-air outdoor shower. Wake to the calls of the wild and enjoy picture perfect moments under the glorious African sky.
Activities offered at Springbok Lodge include Game Drives, (Two scheduled Safaris (game drives) per person per day are included in the rate.).
- From R2485pp per night and children 03-11years old R1515 per child per night
- Full board (3 meals, tea & coffees)
- 3-hour afternoon Game Drive with a variety of snacks
- 3-hour morning Game Drive with Coffee & Tea and Muffins
3. Canelands Beach Club & Spa
Looking for somewhere by the beach? Check out this 4-star getaway in Salt Rock can be found on Salt Rock Beach, just 5-minutes from Ballito. It has an outdoor swimming pool and free Wi-Fi.
Check in to a modern room with a garden or sea views with a spacious balcony, satellite TV, and a private bathroom with amenities.
Enjoy cocktails by the outdoor swimming pool, overlooking the ocean.
- Single from R2400pp per night | Double from R3200pp per night
- Children from 2 – 12 years of age pay R500 b/b per night
4. Royal Thonga Safari Lodge
Escape to a 4* haven quietly nestled in the perimeter of the game-rich Tembe Elephant Park. Just 3.5hrs from King Shaka airport, and an abundance of activities for even the most adventurous visitors – 4 x 4 game drives to seek out the Big Five, get a guided walk through Sand Forrest, trips to a local village, a nearby Cashew farm and butterfly tent. Get the best of both as this location is also on the doorstep of Kosi Bay that also offers whale watching, snorkelling expeditions and boat trips.
- Bush chalet from R2130pp single per night and from R3540pp sharing per night
- Children 0 to 4 Years free of charge, Children 5 to 11 Years from R890 per night
- Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
5. Jozini Tiger Lodge
Resembling a traditional Zulu village on a hilltop above the beautiful shores of lake Jozini in the north of Kwa-Zulu Natal. This 4-star sanctuary which is an unconventional tourist destination that is eco-friendly and in tune with the local culture. Whether a couple’s trip, a solo getaway or family truo this could be the perfect destination for you. At Jozini’s heart is an open plan restaurant you not only get an amazing meal but a wrap around view from the deck.
- R2300pp single per night and from R1650pp sharing per night
- Children 0 – 11 years stay for free and pay for meals when sharing with parents, 50% off adult meal buffet rates
- Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
Thinking about taking a trip? Get your personal assistant to take care of all details. Book with My Trip PA today – email@example.com